Monday, September 13, 2010

Home is where your family is

Today, my daughter is flying off to Manila to stay for a day with her grandmother (my husband's side) before flying off to Singapore. She doesn't realize (or maybe she does) that she will be leaving the place where she was born and will be calling another country her home. From what I see, all that matters to her is that her parents are here in Singapore and she will be staying with them for good. (Erm, to see her boyfriend as well... I forgot!)

I've always thought that it was kind of "cruel" of us to have just left her there - with our parents. To just leave a little girl to sometimes fend for herself. Like that time when she had to make a poo poo on her own because grandma wasn't around and she was too embarrassed to ask her grandpa for help... I know our parents took good care of her but there's this real huge guilt feeling hanging over my head. I will always, always think that I have missed 5 months of her life... her babyhood. Oh well... Okay, okay, fine! I have traded away that 5 months with a brighter future. Hmm... Speaking of future. My friend just told me that she feels poorer here in Singapore even though they already own their own flat. True, that we did give up our car, our unit and our maid to do everything on our own... Now, I am confused. Anyways, this should be discussed in another post. Back to my original topic, I wish when I wake up tomorrow it's Wednesday already. Then, I can hug my princess before she decides she's not a baby anymore.

No comments: