Monday, September 13, 2010

Nasi Goreng Pattaya

Spiderman. That's the first thought in my head when they served me the Nasi Goreng Pattaya. For weeks, I have been seeing people order this egg dish with some kind of chili artwork on top and I didn't know how to describe it when I tried ordering. So, that's just how I said it. "Can you please give me the egg thing with the ketchup on top?" and the confused then amused reaction I got from the Malay/ Indian (can't tell) waiter was, "Oh! The Nasi Pattaya!" I paired this up with a honeydew milk drink that I like so much. I love the color of the drink. I love the taste. As I digged in and savored the uhm-uhm flavor, I discovered, to my horror, that the little orange bits were pieces of shrimp! This is further confirmed as I took out the mother shrimp inside. Nothing wrong with the shrimp! The "wrong" thing was me. I am allergic to all "eat-able" creatures that turn orange when cooked. The gastronomic delight led me to take anti-histamines. But it's really worth the drugs because I ordered the dish again and again.

Too bad I recently moved and am now a Woodlander. I will definitely miss that Malay restaurant along Bedok South Avenue 3.

No comments: