Friday, October 29, 2010

Chee Cheong Fan

No matter how many times I practiced the 'chee cheong fan' word in my head preparing for the time when i finally get to order the dish, it still came out wrong! the aunty still gave me a blank huh? look and i had to repeat it 3x until she said the word correctly. embarrassing!

But the dish was reaaallyyyyy niiiiccceeee. just now my colleague said that the name chee cheong fan literally means pig intestines. the rice noodle is made to look like pig intestines. the sauce is sweet. there's a sprinkle of sesame seeds and chili on the side. strange name for a dish i told my colleage.

i've seen the picture of the dish in coffee shops and i saw people ordering it but didn't know the name. usually it was written in Chinese characters. hoping Zoie will learn soon. the other day i saw the name written in English with a picture of it then heard someone order it. there bloomed hope. haha. don't wanna risk describing it and getting a different dish.

my other colleague said that she prefers eating it with sweet sauce and chili but can order it with sesame oil and chili. sweet sauce... done! sesame oil, you're next!

No comments: