Sunday, May 23, 2010

real estate lah

the thing that i hate most is paperwork, i remember how dreadful i felt when my dad decided to transfer some of our properties to my name... wah lau. anyways, one cannot escape that especially here in Singapore. well, just now i signed several documents because i will be transfering to my very own room tomorrow. my agent prepared all the paperwork and i had to read, understand and sign my freaking name on all of it. i'm kinda excited... well, a bit sad because i will be on my own, leaving my friend but then, at least, she'll have her privacy again. i didn't want to impose too much.

the cost of real estate here in Singapore is so high that please don't ever try to convert to your currency. the only thing that made me feel bad was when i found out that the cheapest common room i found and will be moving into costs as much as a 2 room flat in Montreal, Canada! can you imagine how much a house costs here? okay, don't imagine. haha! the standard of living here is indeed very high.



a common room means you'll have to share the bathroom with the owner of the flat. a master bedroom is not necessarily bigger but you'll get to have your own bathroom. that's what i wanted to get at first before i heard how much was the rental and fell off my chair. an hdb flat are the apartments that you see all over Singapore. they're like government housing projects. a pte apartment - okay so i never realized before that pte stands for private - well, i don't really know what pte apartments are. maybe like a private apartment minus the amenities. a condo has a lot of amenities available. like today my jaw dropped when i found out that our neighbor back home lives in a condo and i just dropped by and wanted to kill myself for not bringing a swimsuit. there were tennis courts, an infinity pool, billiards hall, playground, sauna (hyperventilating here). a landed house is where really rich people live. while a landed house is very common in the Philippines, here if you have a backyard, wow, then you can probably afford my soul. a landed house is where my boss lives. haha... oh, also some of my officemates. filthy rich yet so humble.

anyways, an hdb flat is already a dream come true for me. maybe we'll get to rent one as soon as my family moves here with me.

No comments: