Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bermeo Chronicles

In my 6 years of working here in Bermeo, Palanan, there had been 3 really horrifying incidents that I have witnessed. The waist-deep flood due to heavy rains, the drugs that are being peddled on the street (no proof) and the snatchers on motorcycles (my officemate got almost victimized by these men) do not even come close.

Love Triangle

I rode a pedicab on my way to LRT when I heard the driver calling on to his fellow drivers, "patay na talaga?" "wala na, pare. tinanggal na" and then usyosera as i was, he noticed that i was listening to them. "Ma'am, may pinatay ho diyan sa kanto ng Araro. Babae." Ha? Bakit? I thought about the snatchers and the squatter area near the place. "Love triangle daw yata." "Ano?" Ears perked up like a horse. I hated the Emilia and Buendia traffic because I wasn't able to hear everything but I got the gist anyway. At about 10 am, a woman living in Bermeo went out to take her 7 year old daughter to her 10:30 am swimming class. The woman, according to the driver, was beautiful; "pasahero pa nga namin yan eh." While walking along Emilia, a taxi passed by and someone inside the cab shot the woman in the head. It was very sudden. Blood splattered on the street. "Ayan pa nga ho yung dugo." "Saan?" The sight of the blood near my feet when we passed by that area (i saw it early afternoon) made my stomach flip. "Na-shock nga yung bata. Hindi nagsasalita." Malamang. I doubt if the kid will ever be able to get over that trauma. According to the driver, the woman was having an affair and was maybe trying to break it off with the other man. The man probably didn't want to and maybe jealousy drove him to kill the victim. The husband at that time was home. I don't know what really happened because the husband could have had the wife killed but then I'm not sure if he's evil enough to traumatize their child.

Banggaan Blues

This happened last week. A red SUV cruised by Bermeo in a speed that will make you wonder how can one drive that fast in a pretty peaceful street unless the driver is drunk. Well, the driver was indeed drunk. He narrowly missed a parked car or rather, he hit a parked car and tried to swerve away from it slamming straight on to a car that was approaching the intersection. (Gawd, I can never be a traffic reporter. Look at how I describe this incident.) Anyway, when we passed by that area after my hubby picked me up from work, there was a tow truck there and a white car with a crushed bumper. From what I heard, may pamilyang nakasakay sa white na kotse. May 1 year old na bata na thankfully was safe after the car crash. Sigaw daw ng sigaw yung mother. The driver of the SUV came from an inuman, from a gimik. tsk! tsk!

Mother F**ker

Today, i just heard the most horrible news. A woman gave birth under the Acacia tree, a stone's throw away from our office. She gave birth in the wee hours of the morning and left the baby there to die. Sinuksok niya sa imburnal. Nasabit yung paa ng baby kaya di nahulog pero nakalublob na ang face sa tubig. Tahol ng tahol ang aso kaya the manongs who live in front nagising and decided to investigate. Ayun, may baby at buhay pa. They brought the baby to the barangay hall. Good thing the baby is still alive. Bad mother-effer. Nasa hospital na ngayon ang baby.

No comments: