Tuesday, September 16, 2008

DO I LOOK REALLY FRIENDLY TO YOU?

if i were sitting alone at a restaurant and the place is not crowded, would you choose to sit on my table?

last night, i waited for someone at a fastfood restaurant. we had a misunderstanding of where to meet (gil puyat and pedro gil... go figure and i do get confused a lot. sorry, jen!) so i just went inside Jollibee and waited for her. she was going to buy some diapers from me. i chose a table and sat down. a policeman in uniform and his friend or wife or whatever i don't care sat at the far end of the table. understandable. i was sitting at the end of three tables put together. his (the police) friend walked by and threw a dvd still inside a black plastic bag at him (to surprise him). that would have been okay if the DVD's projectile path was not in front of my face. they exchanged some "in the service" jokes. then the friend left. another man arrived and sat right in front of me. if i have had an out of body experience there then i would have seen myself as part of their group. i think they were waiting for someone who was getting their food for them. haller! there are a lot of empty tables and chairs around us. why choose mine? it's not a premium location for a table. i'm not moving away from my seat, I said. so i checked out my phone for messages when someone said "Thea?" and i nearly jumped out of my chair. the man in front of me had the nerve to look at us when i went to another seat and gave Jen the diapers.

No comments: