Tuesday, September 16, 2008

GREAT BIG TACO


There's a restaurant just outside of Subic called The Coffeeshop Restaurant that serves this really, really, really large taco with a great taste to match too. The Godzilla among tacos.

I've only been there once but I made a promise to myself to come back. This taco puts Taco Bell to shame. If you're not a big eater, this can be shared with someone special. Romantic! Watch out for the rain of cheese and veggies, though. NOT SEXY. But better order a taco for each one of you. You will be able to finish it.

The name of the restaurant actually strikes me funny. Shouldn't it just be The Coffee Shop or Coffee Shop and Restaurant? LOL! But that's just me. When I saw the place, the first thing that entered my mind was, "nooo, they don't serve tacos here. is this place even open?" There's a small gate that leads into a garden with a cluster of tables with umbrellas. We went there at lunch time. Maybe if we went there sometime in the evening then the place would have been more alive. They were not serving soft shell tacos yet that time. I've yet to taste those. The interior of the restaurant struck me as rather quaint. When you enter the glass door and you look to your left, first thing you'll say "there's the kitchen!" and not "where should we sit?" We have the view of the kitchen and the table linen are the common red-checkered design. I like the place because it's not like other restaurants that are posh but the food is pweh.

There are a lot of foreigners eating there. The servings are big and the price is just right. Parking area is small though because the place is beside the highway.

No comments: