Friday, September 19, 2008

Mga Kuwentong Kotse-ro

Today, i listened to songs by the Carpenters on the way to the office. Hubby asked me if we play those songs during drives to Bicol. I said no and that we listened to Eraserheads. He said, "Buti, kasi siguradong mababangga tayo!" Ha!

When Zoie's with us in the car, she's the boss. We listen to her Circle Time songs over and over again until we find ourselves singing along with her. But most of the time she asks us to shut up.

We saw three rainbows in the sky. We were on the flyover going to Market! Market! Zoie counted all of them. It was wonderful. Why are there so many songs about rainbows? What's on the other side...

Once I saw a body on the side of EDSA near Ayala lying among the garbage. I don't know if the kid was still alive or that it wasn't a body at all. Adrian drives so fast that I can't verify really what I see.

Two times I saw a dead body sprawled on the road. One was at C5 near Pembo. I think the man was killed somewhere else and tinapon na lang doon. The other one was at McKinley Road. A victim of a motor accident. He was just there lying on the road motionless underneath that truck. (shudder!)

One time I was asleep and we were driving to the province. I heard a thud and then felt a soft crunch. Adrian ran over a cat. Ngar!

Roadkills are the things that I really hate to see on the road. It's a splatter of red, brown and whatever color of the fur of whatever animal it was on a clean road.

I am constantly on the lookout for really funny signs on establishments at the side of the road but most of the time I forget them. Poor, poor memory. After a good laugh, the memory's gone. Tsk! Tsk!

This was how I felt the first time I rode our innova. "Whoa, ang taas! Ang taas taas nito ah! Kay Kumag (our beloved lowered Civic) parang lapit sa kalsada ah!" Nalion na maray!

No comments: