Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bench Warehouse Sale




it was my first time to go to a warehouse sale. i've been on a lot of sale events when i was still single but i never went to a warehouse just to buy stuff. bench was one of my favorite brands in the past especially when i was still in highschool up until college but was replaced by guess. when i got married and had a child and grew this big i felt that the sizes sold at bench don't really fit me well. so i gave up on the brand and settled on international brands whose shirt sizes were friendlier. anyways, weeks ago i went inside super bench at market! market! and saw that they have bigger sizes. i immediately went underwear shopping and bought myself a shirt. i like the items sold at bench. my eyes popped out when a sis in my e-group, newlyweds@work, shared that bench was having a warehouse sale at tanyag, taguig. i haven't been to inner taguig. i do live in taguig but got as fas as c5 and the fort, that's my idea of taguig. we were supposed to go to baguio but i told hubby that if we don't push through, i will definitely go to the bench warehouse sale. so i did.

yesterday, i rode a jeep to fti. i asked the driver how to get to tanyag. he said he'll drop me off at the jeep terminal going to tanyag. when i rode the jeep to tanyag, the driver said he'll drop me off at the street going to the warehouse. i was kind of getting nervous because the jeep was nearing alabang already and the driver suddenly had this epiphany and realized that he should have dropped me off at tanyag. tsk! he gave a barker some money to take me to another jeep going back. this was actually fortunate because a lady in the jeep was also going to the sale. so i walked with her. she saw someone and i had to ge to the warehouse on my own.

the warehouse was enormous. i just went in half expecting the guards to catch me for trespassing. i was a bit dismayed because i thought the empty tent there was the sale already but i saw an entrance and found myself inside what may be described as a shopaholic heaven. the enormous space was divided into underwear, accessories, clothes, furniture and cosmetics section. you really have to be very careful because a lot of the stuff for sale are damaged already. i should've made hubby take me there so i could buy the computer table which was sold for 500 pesos only. the items were very, very cheap. a bench personnel told me that the ladies undies were gone by 6am that morning. oh my gulay! i should've been there earlier. anyway, my 2k got me a lot and i mean, a looot of stuff. i've a few not so great buys. the jeans i bought for myself was a hipster pala. grrr. it only covered half my butt. that's the disadvantage of not being able to fit anything. but i got pretty nice shirts and bingo! the slippers i got for hubby were the correct size. hahaha! i am so glad that i haven't gone a few inches higher in cup size so the 36C bra was still a great buy. i am so going back there. they have another sale on the 13th and i heard that there were new items that they'll be putting out. i saw that there were a lot of C cups that weren't selling but i got tired of going through the undies. i got belts, caps, shorts and a whole lot of stuff. too bad i didn't find anything for my little girl. i am so going back there on saturday.

No comments: