Monday, December 15, 2008

Gumbo

Wow, again I found myself eating at Gumbo, the restaurant that serves "African American" food. This was where my friends and I wore those goofy hats. Here's the food that i ate and didn't eat.

The big brown one is fish. I liked the ribs. The rice had parsley on top so it was "delish" also. The honey chicken was okay. Roasted zucchini i didn't like. Lasang lupa. It's not as if I eat soil ha. The roasted mushroom looked scary but I ate it anyway. There were shrimps on skewers also in this platter but there's no way anyone can make me taste it. I heard it was superb though.

Stuffed crab. This one i didn't touch. I don't want a slow and painful death. But they said it was delicious.

We also had fish and chips... on the house! The chips were actually tasty french fries and the fish was enormous. It looks the same as the one on the picture - that big brown thing at the center of the platter. We had soup or they had soup. It was served inside a bread just like at French Baker. Good thing it didn't appeal to me. It was crab chowder!

No comments: