Monday, October 20, 2008

Aglio e Olio


Yesterday, i made Aglio e Olio. It means garlic and olive oil... literally. But I made mine with bacon. I saw this being cooked on TV and it was so simple so I decided to try it out. I made a small amount of the pasta for taste test. We have left over spaghetti... only it was not al dente anymore... but hubby seemed to like it. He just thought I put a lot of olive oil on the pasta. The next batch, I made about more than a half kilo of pasta... the spaghetti was al dente and the amount of olive oil just right. We ate the pasta for lunch and dinner. Zoie didn't like it. The subtle flavor of the olive oil and the fact that the pasta had no color at all put this look on her face... grimace? I couldn't quite place it. Oh well, she made the same face when I made her eat pesto and she said the pasta was dirty. Too bad I couldn't find chili flakes at the supermarket. I didn't put the chili powder that I bought. It smelled like someone from a foreign country. It would've ruined the dish. Hubby said he liked it but I was skeptical. But the fact that there were no leftovers kind of sufficed for it. I mean, my feeling that I cooked something that's not really delicious.

Sidebar: Can anyone be more addicted to olives? I like olives. I have extra virgin olive oil at home. My shampoo has olives in it. I like them in my martini... in caldereta... haay.

No comments: