Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bulaluhan sa España


Melts in your mouth... not in your hands... Mmmm.... that sour Sinigang taste of the bulalo at Bulaluhan sa España. Where? Obvious ba? Sa España! LOL! What a dizzying experience! If you know what I mean... The place is near Welcome Rotonda.

Last night I had bulalo at Aling Paz Bulaluhan near Edison. The meat was that of a 90 year old cow and the soup... tasty. But who can pass up a lunch at Bulaluhan sa España the next day? You have a choice really on whether you want it in the traditional Nilaga or the Sinigang. The meat are almost falling off the bones and I've never tasted litid this soft. A total heart attack and I mean it in a good way. We ordered Chicharon Bulaklak on the side. We are really tempting fate. Do not overeat there if you have highblood pressure, I tell you.

When we got there, I saw a big fish tank full of hito and there were two live fish on the ground. I called the waiter. Uy, chuva, yung isda tumalon. Hindi, nilagay talaga namin yan diyan, Mam. Ihawin mamaya. Such cruelty! But I quickly forgot about it when the soup came.

I won't describe it any further. Experience it.



Sorry, I didn't get to shoot a facade of the place. I was so hungry. You won't miss it, though. Coming from Welcome Rotonda, it's on the left side of the road. And yes, they have enough parking space. No aircon. This is a typical carinderia. I was lucky enough to have a crew who knows places like these. I get to eat at these places during shoots. But next time, I will bring hubby here. Evangelista Bulalo doesn't even come close in terms of taste. Don't forget to ask for more soup from the manong who's holding the TABO. hahaha!

No comments: