Sunday, October 12, 2008

VIENNA CHICKEN (THE BEST ASS IN TOWN) HOUSE

And i thought Kantunan was hilarious... hubby is now telling me that there was a restaurant near UST called Kanto Tinio. Hahaha!

Okay time for more serious tomador stuff...




All these shoots and bonding with the crew have been a really fruitful experience for me. I, who like to eat and drink at places that are famous to tomadors like me. Since I was exhausted and we have another early call time the following day, instead of drinking Red Horse with the crew, I opted for some fried rice and pulutan for dinner. The place was really an inuman so the light grip bought rice from the nearby Tapsilogan.



At the corner of Felix Huertas and Remigio Streets, you will find Vienna Chicken House that serves the best tokwa't baboy, tokwa't dila and the crispiest chicken ass or isol. Yum yum. Did I mention that my favorite chicken part is the chicken's ass? Some may throw them away but it simply is the tastiest part of the chicken.



The place opens at 4pm and closes at about 3am. Oh no they won't close as long as you're there. We were a little bit early. at 6pm, we were an early bird tomador crowd. There were a few people in the restaurant but the establishments beside it were already closed. The tables, I was told, are set up on the street but because it was a bit early, we sat ourselves at a table in front of a closed store. The tokwa't dila was specially tasty. The tokwa't baboy was different because the meat was deep-fried and crunchy. But who can forget the half a kilo of isol that I wolfed down?

Too bad I was afraid I might not wake up for the early call time the next day. I had to restrain myself from getting that hang over but I did enjoy the food.

No comments: