Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tober's Birthday Gimmick

My friends and I met at SM North The Block last Sunday for Tober's birthday gimmick. The plan was to buy pizza and take it to the lagoon for a pizza picnic. We got the 18" New York's Finest from Yellow Cab and was contemplating on the giant calzone. I was opposed to that because the pizza was quite large and there were only 4 us. My hubby was game to playing the role of our driver. Honestly, I have phobia in riding taxi cabs and I think it's quite a hassle to commute to UP. We waited for Dondon to arrive while hubby did a quick gym visit. Dondon had it in his mind that we were meeting at Trinoma so it was a good thing Tober called him. We couldn't forget that time when we lost him at Glorietta because the only way to contact him then was through email. He scoured the place and he actually saw us at the entrance going to Landmark.

First stop - the UP Lagoon. We parked at Faculty Center to go to the Lagoon. We took our chance. The sign said, Faculty and Staff parking only. Dondon was faculty. UP Manila nga lang. Hehehe.

I have "fond" memories of the Lagoon and I share it specially with hubby. Other people are proud that they've conceived their first born there. Hehehe! Ooohh, the mysteries of the Lagoon. Today, the place is much cleaner. Lamps were already installed to provide light at night. Malas ninyo! The darker the Lagoon the better, did you know that? We ate our pizza there. We saw two couples having their pre-nup pictorial at the Lagoon and I took a shot of Dondon and Tober pretending to be a couple having a pictorial only Tobs was the groom. The ants were a nuisance though. When we arrived at the stone table (naks, parang Narnia) wala namang langgam. Bigla na lang they were everythere... different colors and different sizes. I got bitten twice!

Can you read the words on the tree? That describes what's been happening in the darkness of the Lagoon.


Second stop - Mang Larry's Isawan. We drove to Mang Larry's isawan for our isaw fix. I noticed that Mang Larry doesn't visit his isawan anymore. At least, not when I'm there. I had an isaw buying frenzy again. I just ordered without realizing how much I've ordered.


Third stop - the Oval Track or whatever it's called. I just call it - "dun sa track". I have a few nice memories of the oval track. The grass were overgrown and thick. I shot a short film there when I was in college. It was about a student who bought pamparegla in Quiapo because of an unwanted pregnancy. I made my roommate and talent lie down on the grass to act like she's dying. You know, the track has its mysteries too. But I haven't tried anything there yet. Hehehe. Anyway, the sun was still shining when we chose a log there to sit on. It was warm. There were athletes at the track. A dog was chasing his master who was riding a motorcycle. I made a comment that finally UP has decided to use a lawnmower there. We talked about things not really catching up... just talking until we've noticed fireflies were already flickering near the grassy area that was not so far away from us. It was already dark and it was great seeing the fireflies when you know you're in an urban area.

I'm not going to post pics of the track. Challenge of the bilbils ang picture. Hahaha! My hubby kept on transferring the car. So much for burning a few calories. It was nice to be back in UP with college friends.

Happy Birthday, Tober!

No comments: